NEW YORK – June 18, 2015 – ACE Group’s Toby Merrill, CFC Underwriting’s Graeme Newman and ACE Group’s Marcel Van Peenen were each named Cyber Risk Industry Person of the Year in the USA, London and International markets respectively at the P&C industry’s second annual Cyber Risk Awards presented by Advisen Ltd., the single source solution for insurance intelligence.
Winning companies – determined by People’s Choice voting – took home trophies in six other categories during an evening gala event at the Grand Hyatt in New York, emceed by Tom Srail of Willis who headlined this year’s program and was joined by CFC Underwriting’s Graeme Newman and XL Catlin’s Jeremy Gittler.
Additionally, Richard J. Bortnick of Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP received the Cyber Risk Network 2015 Person of the Year award for his outstanding contributions.
Cyber Risk Awards categories and winners are listed below:
- Cyber Risk Network 2015 Person of the Year : Richard J. Bortnick, Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP
- Cyber Risk Industry Person of the Year – USA : Toby Merrill, ACE Group
- Cyber Risk Industry Person of the Year – London : Graeme Newman, CFC Underwriting
- Cyber Risk Industry Person of the Year – International : Marcel Van Peenen, ACE Group
- Cyber Risk Event Response Team of the Year : Beazley
- Cyber Risk Pre-Breach Team of the Year : NetDiligence
- Cyber Risk Innovation of the Year : ACE Group – Loss Mitigation Services
- Cyber Service Vendor of the Year : AIG
- Best Cyber Risk Broking Team : Marsh
- Best Cyber Risk Insurer : AIG
“Advisen’s Cyber Risk Awards signify the highest level of peer approval and recognition indicated by the largest number of votes from the P&C community,” said Rebecca Bole, SVP, Research & Editorial at Advisen. “Given the extent of Advisen’s loss and pricing datasets together with the reach of our Cyber Risk Network and our global Cyber Risk Insights Conference series, we are fortunate to interact frequently with virtually all of tonight’s nominees.”
Advisen’s Cyber Risk Awards are “People’s Choice” awards, which leverage Advisen’s vast contact database of over 40,000 P&C professionals who care about cyber risk.
Advisen’s CEO Bill Keogh added:
“Our second annual Cyber Risk awards event exceeded our expectations in every dimension,” commented Advisen CEO Bill Keogh. “We had 30 percent more cyber risk professionals participate in the voting this year than in 2014 in 10 categories. The dinner itself is both an appropriate way to recognize the achievements of industry leaders as well as a premier networking opportunity. We congratulate all the winners and thank everyone who participated in this year’s event.”
Advisen generates, integrates, analyses and communicates unbiased, real-time insights for the global community of commercial insurance professionals. As a single source solution, Advisen helps the industry to more productively drive critical business decisions about pricing, loss experience, underwriting, marketing, transacting or purchasing commercial insurance. Visit www.advisen.com to learn more.
— # # # —